Sunday, July 31, 2011

#realtalk

I joke about posting more serious posts, but I think this time it's for real.

I started a blog because I was bored, but I think a little part of me hoped that this would be a place where I could release my thoughts. So here are my 10 thoughts on life lately:


1. Navy and black do not mix. Ever.

2. People with strange addictions make amusing television.



  • "I'm addicted to taxidermy" (finding dead animals in the woods and stuffing them. Mmm.)


  • "I'm addicted to being a baby" (it was a transgender sleeping in a crib and wetting diapers)


  • "I'm addicted to eating rocks" (760 pounds a year to be exact)


  • "I'm addicted to eating drywall" (raised by termites much?)


  • "I'm addicted to stuffed animals" (they're my CHILDREN!!! Of COURSE they go everywhere I go!)

3. Prayer WORKS. Man oh man does it work. So many miracles have occured lately because of prayer!


4. Poetry is more legit than I thought. It's not just something you're forced to analyze in English class. For the first time since Shel Silverstein I've read poetry and it's just as amazing as the lyrics I'm always obsessing over.


5. Dress shopping sucks. Everything is just ONE INCH too short. Come one people, just make dresses a little longer! Also, if I could dress the world it would be a better place, just saying. But then, we wouldn't have peopleofwalmart.com.... Oh dear. This tradeoff is very concerning.


6. People who say they'll keep in contact after high school... don't. I now understand life. And I wish I didn't. I want to go back to my idealistic view that everyone who I mattered to then would still think that I matter now.


7. The summer after high school and before college is AWKWARD. I'm invited to Young Womens, Young Single Adult, AND Relief Society activities. I'm having an identity crisis here! I don't belong anywhere! It's a weird feeling not knowing where to go on Sundays. I have a feeling that no matter where I go I'll feel out of place though.


8. Rationalizing is a bad, bad thing. We had a lesson in Young Womens today about repentance and we talked about how sinning with the thought that "oh, I'll just repent of that later" is SUCH a destructive path to go down. I remember when I first had that thought. No one had introduced me to it, I just thought it. And once I did I had a strange feeling that it wouldn't be right. I sooned learned that it wasn't right, and I'm so glad I did. The lesson said it's much harder to repent for that type of sin. So I got to thinking about rationalizing. And how much I do it. How much we all must do it. And how incredibly hard it is to recognize that you're doing it. But also how much it can hurt. From now on I'm going to be on rationalization patrol. Wish me luck! ;)


9. "Where I Stood" by Missy Higgins is a BEAUTIFUL song.


10. Good friends are hard to find. I have some <3


And in honor of one of them, Matthew Frederickson, this post shall be called #realtalk. Ahahah(:


So. Give me some feedback! If you dig my #realtalk mixed in here, tell me! And if you want me to stick to funny pictures and witty posting, tell me that as well! I'm open for suggestions(:


I'm going to go keep it real, so TTFN!

6 comments:

  1. I was actually rather excited, I wanted to click that link from Facebook to read what you were thinking, and i did. I was dismayed though, I don't like it when my reading material has so many subtle religious links. I wish that, in at least that regard, this all was written in more of a .. vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you didn't like my post but I have to admit I'm confused by it. If you know me at all you'd know that being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the MOST IMPORTANT aspect of my life, so why wouldn't I share it? The greatest happiness I've ever had has come from it, and so of course I'm going to talk about it. Again, I'm sorry that it wasn't what you wanted, and in the future I hope I can post something you'll enjoy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the thing, I don't know anything about you :) I am merely a random recipient of your virtual friend request, who happened to come across your little experiment in an effort to get a slight glimpse at who you are. I won't impose any of my own personal religious views on you, i was just remarking on the fact that at least i , personally, would prefer religion-free reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha well it won't always be religious but I can't just leave out the most important aspect of my life. I'm sorry if this is a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! Keep the real talk coming!!!

    ReplyDelete