Wednesday, August 24, 2011

BYU Tomorrow.



Tomorrow I'm moving in to my home away from home... BYU. It's what I've wanted all my life. I know that. But right now all I can think about is everything I'm leaving behind. My family, my friends, my ward, my room, and basically everything I call "mine". I've said my goodbyes to my friends, packed up my room, my ward doesn't even realize I'm gone so whatever, and I threw away or donated most of my posessions. WHY IS EVERYONE SO EXCITED FOR COLLEGE? Why is everyone SO ready to throw away the lives that they know for a SCHOOL? Education is great, but can we bring BYU to VA or something? I'd really like to go back there and pretend this whole "leaving for college" thing never happened. And I'd kind of like my room back too. That one with the pre-teen bedding and the doll collection? Yeah that one.

I know college will be fun. On the other hand, I know it'll be one of the hardest transitions I'll ever make. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck!!! It will take some getting used to but it will be an amazing time in your life, promise. :)

    ReplyDelete