Sunday, August 14, 2011

SO DANG EXCITING.

These past few days have been really exciting. On Friday I went to my cousin's wedding reception, and it was great to see my cousins and to have a change of scenery. But my favorite thing was seeing my cousin's daughter Averi! If you know me you know I love me some Averi. I always got in trouble in Statistics class for being on my cousin Tiffany's blog about her, http://shesnotdown.blogspot.com/ . I would seriously check it every Statistics class. That was me breaking the rules right there. Ahahaha. But seriously, Averi is THE cutest kid EVARRR. She has Down Syndrome, and come on. Cutest DS baby ever? Award would go to her hands down. And she just got done with chemo for leukemia, yet she never stops smiling! She is just so great. I love her to death, and I wrote about her in one of my college essays because she's one of the reasons I want to teach Special Education. I took a couple pictures of her on my phone, but there's just no way I can get them up here so you'll just have to check out the blog to see her cute little face.


Oh. This reminds me. Seeing as I'm so set on this "Special Education" route, I decided to start getting informed. So the other night I watched a documentary on autism. After around an hour it started getting dull but the first hour was pretty interesting. I really enjoyed some of the interviews with autistic people because it showed how smart they can be. They also shot down a lot of misconceptions and introduced medical theories I was previously unaware of. My favorite line? "If you've met one autistic person, you've met one autistic person". This is the movie's website. It's called "Loving Lampposts". http://lovinglamppostsmovie.com/


And now, my adoring fans, I shall show you the best proposal ever.





YEAH. IT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME. One of the best experiences of my life, hands down. So, so amazing. I never imagined it would be so great(:


SO. I'm going to go reflect on how awesome these past few days have been. TTFN!

2 comments: